Home » Posts » Welcome to SPE 2100

Welcome to SPE 2100

Dear Students,

Hope you all are doing well. A warm welcome to SPE1100 W50(40820))! I am Prof. Ashwini Kadave and I’m looking forward to getting to know each one of you this semester. We will be seeing each other on ( day, time, location and modality)

In order to have a successful semester it is really important that we get off to a good start and keep the momentum up throughout the semester. You don’t need to purchase a book for our class. We will be referring to the below mentioned book.

https://socialsci.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Communication/Public_Speaking/Public_Speaking_(The_Public_Speaking_Project)

The access to which is free for the students.  For the first day of your class, XXX. you are required to read the first 2 chapters from the public speaking project book ( can be found on Blackboard course materials or on the above mentioned link) and come prepared to share your thoughts and insights. In addition, you are required to read your syllabus carefully and come prepared to answer a short quiz. Syllabus can be found on blackboard under classroom materials. I am also attaching a copy of the same along with my email.

I am prompt in terms of replying to my emails. Should you need any clarifications or further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me via email.

EMAIL POLICY:  Students are required to follow proper email etiquette when emailing me in order to receive a response:

• Begin each email with a brief subject line to give me an indications to the nature of your correspondence.
  • Clearly identify yourself with your full name and class section or the days and time of your class in all correspondence.
  • Use correct grammar and spelling in all correspondence with the Professor and address me with respect  (i.e. Professor/Ms. Kadave).
  • Close your email properly with a clear closing (i.e. Thank You, Sincerely, etc.) followed by your full name.

Should you have any questions or need any clarifications, do not hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to seeing you all on….

Best Regards,

Ashwini Kadave

ashwini.kadave@kbcc.cuny.edu